IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for providing IT systems administration and technical support across all Christ Community locations, furthering the ongoing mission of the church. Evening and weekend work is expected.
POSITION: IT Systems Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director of Infrastructure
STATUS: Full Time
- Related undergraduate degree or significant work experience in a related field
Attentive to details; strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Windows OS, Mac OS, and Google Workspace applications
Working knowledge of network systems and multisite network connectivity
Able to communicate technical details to non technical people (ability to translate “Tech-ese”)
- Relate and work well with church staff and lay leadership
- Able to work well individually and as a team player
- Able to manage multiple projects and project timelines.
- Able to work weekends and evening
- Experience in a multisite/multi-campus environment is desired
- Experience with task management or project management software is desired
- Understanding of Church Management Systems databases (ChMS) or similar Customer Resource Management (CRM) tools
- No reimbursement for relocation
Provide technical design, support, and maintenance for Church systems and software, including but not limited to:
- Client (Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS) hardware and software
- Mobile (iOS, Android) hardware and software
- Server (Windows Server, and Linux Servers) hardware and software
- ChMS Database
- Google Workspace (G Suite/Google Apps) for Education
- Data Storage hardware and software
- Printers and Copiers
- Hosted VoIP Phone system
- WAN and LAN connectivity
- WLAN Access points
- Website management, and hosting
- Maintain IT inventory
- User account administration
- Network and systems design and maintenance
- Train staff and volunteers on systems
- Give direction to and work with outside vendors (consultants, contractors, and/or vendors)
- Assist in the development and management of IT budgets
- Create and implement strategy for future IT systems, working with the Director of Infrastructure and church leadership to support the mission of the church
Embrace a commitment to Christ Community, including doctrine and philosophy, and promote the mission of Christ Community Church.
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Communications is part of the multisite team, which is a central resource that supports and promotes the mission of Christ Community Church through the support of each campus.