Director of Children’s Ministries – Downtown Campus
The Director of Children’s Ministries – Downtown Campus has the primary responsibility of implementation, organization, coordination, execution, and administration of ministry to children from birth through 5th grade and their families at the Downtown Campus, supporting the ongoing mission of Christ Community Church.
LOCATION: Downtown Campus
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor
- Flexibility in an ever-changing ministry environment
- Strong leadership abilities
- Completion of the leadership training programs of Christ Community
- Formal education and experience in child development
- Ability to build and lead effective teams of volunteers and staff
- Embrace Christ community’s doctrine, mission, and philosophy
- Hold true to the theology and beliefs of the EFCA outlined in the Statement of Faith
- Support and equip parents and families in forming their children’s growth in Christ
- Implement programming for children
– Sunday mornings
– Special events and programs
- Participate in campus team meetings
- Develop and oversee Children’s Ministries Teams
– Recruit volunteers
– Conduct volunteer orientation and child protection training
– Coach and supervise volunteers and Children’s Ministries staff
– Recognize and appreciate volunteers
– Evaluate existing and new ministry opportunities
- Collaboration with Children’s Ministries staff on other campuses is encouraged
- Use the Children’s Ministries Policy and Procedures Handbook as well as the directional documents of Christ Community as guides for ministry implementation
- Develop and manage the Campus Children’s Ministries budget and resources
Embrace a commitment to Christ Community, including doctrine and philosophy, and promote the mission of Christ Community Church.
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together