Childcare Coordinator – Leawood Campus
The Childcare Coordinator leads and gives overall direction for the childcare needs of the campus, working with the campus staff to further the overall mission of Christ Community with an emphasis on doing so in and through the families with children.
LOCATION: Leawood Campus
REPORTS TO: Pastor of Children’s Ministries
- Oversee and direct childcare for Women’s Ministries (MOPS and Bible studies), midweek programming, and special events, such as VBS, at the campus
- Minister to the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of children ages, birth – kindergarten, while their mothers are participating in various activities
- Show caring concern to the parents for their children. Communicate program policies.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively
- Flexibility and grace in an ever-changing ministry environment
- Willingness to adjust schedule and work as needed
- Member of Christ Community Church preferred
- Exemplify a growing faith in God
- Excellent leadership and attention to detail, organizational skills
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with employees, children, and parents
- Encourage team members
- Embrace Christ Community’s doctrine, mission and philosophy
- Recruit volunteers, substitutes, and paid workers to assure established adult:child ratios and to accommodate comfort level of children and workers
- Make recommendations for hire to Human Resources (HR)
- Coordinate training opportunities with Pastor of Children’s Ministries
- Supervise and schedule workers
- Maintain a current list of contact information and classroom assignments
- Maintain accurate time records and communicate effectively with HR
- Navigate last minute changes such as worker absences, programming changes (snow days, etc.) or change in rosters
- Provide a positive and caring work environment
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for each childcare worker
- Identify, implement, create or modify curriculum and programming needs:
- Determine schedule (coordinate space and playground schedule with other campus ministries)
- Create rosters
- Schedule rooms with facilities
- Assign teachers to specific age-level classrooms
- Create groups and check in events in My Christ Community
- Communicate classroom needs to ensure adequate supplies, resources, and equipment
- Implement policies and procedures in Children’s Ministries, MOPS, and
Embrace a commitment to Christ Community, including the doctrine, and philosophy, and promote the mission of Christ Community Church.
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together