Are you a skilled communicator with a passion for design or sharing stories that inspire and uplift? Join the Communications Team at Christ Community Church and be part of our mission to enrich lives and foster Christlikeness throughout Kansas City.
Currently we have several open full-time or part-time positions. We are focused on identifying and evaluating candidates based on specific skill sets, competencies, and experiences relevant to the needs of the church and team. Skills-based hiring involves assessing candidates based on proficiency in various communication-related skills necessary for effectively managing communications projects across our multisite church environment. As part of the communications team, our focus is on visual communications. This includes elements related to our online experience as well as in-person gatherings in support of the ongoing mission of Christ Community Church.
POSITION(S): Communications Team
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
STATUS: Full-time and Part-time Postions
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt and Non-Exempt
Founded more than 30 years ago, Christ Community’s mission is to be a caring family of multiplying disciples, influencing our community and world for Jesus Christ.
If you want to work at a place that lives by its values, consider joining our team!
As a communications team member, you’ll work closely with the director of communications and creative communications team to create engaging visual content, support our online platforms, multisite events, and in-person gatherings, and solve visual problems. We are looking for various skillsets, from video editing to graphic design, content and project management. You’ll play a vital role in spreading our message of hope and transformation. If you’re ready to make a meaningful impact and work in a values-driven environment, look through the list of qualifications and apply today to become part of our Christ Community family.
DESIRED SKILLSETS (various positions available)
We understand that learning and skills are transferrable, and we don’t anticipate proficiency in all these areas. However, we’re interested in learning about your strengths and expertise in any of these specific areas.
- Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Proficiency with FinalCut Pro (Adobe Premiere)
- Project management (ClickUp, Teams, Trello, etc.)
- Familiarity with ProPresenter (PowerPoint, Planning Center)
- Email marketing (MailChimp, HubSpot, etc.)
- Social media marketing (SEO, Google Adwords, FaceBook, Instagram, Meta Business, Google Business)
- Audio editing
- Graphic design (create visually appealing promotional materials, event flyers, and digital assets for online communication channels)
- Data analysis for communications platforms (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Data Visualizations, Podcasts, etc.)
- Good communicator, both written and verbally
- Flexible yet assertive
- Attentive to detail and follow-through, organized
- 5+ years experience in a communications or creative team environment
- On-site work (Overland Park, KS)
- Participate in social media team meetings, and communication team meetings as needed
- Design and develop graphics and printed materials for events
- Administration of online events
- Assist with the creation of video for social media posts
- Assist with content management for social media channels
- Assist with audio content creation
- Edit and produce visual presentations for online experience
- Edit and produce visual presentations for in-person gatherings
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together
Please send a resume and a link to view samples of your work, along with the job application.