Early Childhood Coordinator – Olathe Campus
The Early Childhood Coordinator works with the Children’s Ministry team to provide quality programming to children on Sunday mornings and special events, as well as continually supporting and encouraging families with young children.
LOCATION: Olathe Campus
REPORTS TO: Pastor of Children’s Ministries
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, flexible
- A member of Christ Community Church
- Complete leadership training programs of Christ Community Church
- Exemplify a growing faith in God
- Great organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and education
- Maintain positive attitude and support Olathe Staff and CM Pastor in all areas and decisions
- Embrace Christ Community’s doctrine, mission and philosophy
Sunday Morning Hourly Supervisor
- Greet children and families
- Connect with and shepherd volunteers, specifically in the Early Childhood department
- Observe classes
- Oversee or assist during one service per Sunday
- Communicate needs and observations to supervisor
- Develop a positive working relationship with other CM leaders and Olathe Staff
- Review and prepare lessons and supplies for classrooms
- Connect with early childhood volunteers to provide lesson and oversight
- Prepare, organize, and clean classrooms
- Participate in weekly children’s ministry planning meeting
- Attend campus staff meeting
- Help to keep resource room organized
Children’s Ministries Special Events & Training
- Direct support to Pastor of Children’s Ministries for Vacation Bible School
- Participate in ongoing children’s ministry training
- Assist in planning and execution of family or children’s classes or events
- Assist in planning and execution of volunteer appreciation events
- Assist with child dedication process and events
Embrace a commitment to Christ Community, including the doctrine, and philosophy, and promote the mission of Christ Community Church.
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together
Christ Community, a multi-site, intergenerational congregation located in the Kansas City area and a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Download and fill out the Application for Employment (fillable PDF) and save it.
- Attach and send the completed application email@example.com.