Elementary Ministries Coordinator– Leawood Campus
The Elementary Ministries Coordinator works with the pastor of Children’s Ministries to lead and give overall direction for the elementary ministries of the campus, working with the campus staff to further the overall mission of Christ Community with an emphasis on doing so in and through the elementary aged children and their families.
LOCATION: Leawood Campus
REPORTS TO: Pastor of Children’s Ministries – Leawood Campus
- Recruit, train, equip, and encourage youth and adult volunteers for the elementary ministry of the campus
- Support, equip, and provide resources to families of elementary students giving special attention to helping parents live into their role as the primary spiritual leaders of their children
- Provide pastoral care as needed to families with elementary-aged children
- Work with the Children’s Ministries team to develop and live into policies designed to help create safe and nurturing environments for children as well as volunteers
- Work with the pastor of Children’s Ministries to provide effective curriculum for the elementary ministries of the campus
- Provide leadership to regular and special events as directed
In addition, as a member of the Christ Community staff, the director of elementary ministries will:
- Attend scheduled staff prayer and planning meetings
- Be accountable in the use of time and diligent in carrying out established administrative processes
- Be accountable to the financial parameters established in the annual budget process
- Successfully complete the adult formation training program of the church (Church for Monday)
- Be actively involved in a community group for the purpose of personal spiritual growth and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to relate and work well with church staff and lay leadership
- Embrace a commitment to Christ Community Church, including doctrine and philosophy
- Promote the full embodiment of the mission of Christ Community
- Desire to help church leadership bring the body together intergenerationally as appropriate
- Flexibility and enthusiasm needed to be a part of a developing multi-site church
- Good communication skills necessary to inspire others and communicate goals
- Exemplify a growing faith in God
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Good computer skills
- Proven ability to work with and lead volunteers as well as train and develop “leaders of leaders”
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together