- This event has passed.
Challenge Conference Volunteers
June 2 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
This summer something incredible is happening—and it’s practically in your backyard. Challenge, the Evangelical Free Church (EFCA) biennial national student conference, will take place at the Kansas City Convention Center from July 3-7.
An experience like Challenge needs a lot of volunteer staff (over 100 in fact!) to make the week a success. They’re still looking for volunteer staff who have a heart for teenagers, love to talk about their relationship with Jesus, resonate with the Challenge values, and are ready and willing to serve wherever needed. Is that you, or do you know someone who might be a good fit? Keep reading below!
Volunteer staff is needed for the following teams:
- Recreation: The recreation team manages the recreation equipment and supervises (not referees) activities such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, and GaGa ball. Looking for 4-5 more individuals to serve on this team.
- Store: The Challenge Store sells Challenge merchandise as well as books. The store team works the checkout table and keeps displays tidy and stocked. Looking for 3 more individuals to serve on this team.
Some logistical information:
- Volunteer staff members are responsible for their travel to and from Challenge and for paying a $50 staff registration fee.
- Volunteer staff members must commit to serving the whole conference, which means being onsite at the convention center each day (July 3-7) from approximately 10:00 AM until approximately 11:30 PM.
- Challenge provides lodging at a hotel downtown Kansas City and meals starting with dinner on July 3 through dinner on July 7.