Pastor of Children’s Ministries – Leawood Campus
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries at each Campus leads and gives overall direction for the campus Children’s Ministries, working with the campus staff to further the overall mission of Christ Community (to multiply churches, leaders, and disciples) with an emphasis on doing so in and through the families of the children’s ministry.
LOCATION: Leawood Campus
REPORTS TO: Campus Pastor/Campus Executive Pastor
STATUS: Full Time
- Provide oversight and leadership to all aspects of Children’s Ministries
- Teach the Bible with clarity, creativity, and conviction in age appropriate ways
- Shepherd children, parents, and families to actively engage in their faith journey
- Work with various campus teams to develop and implement programs, events, or opportunities for children which offer intergenerational opportunities for children and their families
- Create and develop pathways to disciple, train, equip, and empower parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of the children in their home
- Create an atmosphere and ethos in Children’s Ministries which is contagious, infectious, and leads to opportunities for discipleship and spiritual formation
- Recruit, train, equip and develop Children’s Ministries volunteers to be shepherds of the children and/or families within the ministry
- Supervise Children’s Ministries staff
- Supervise Childcare Coordinator
As a member of the Christ Community Pastoral Team:
- Provide pastoral duties as needed. This may include, but is not limited to pre-marriage counseling, officiating weddings, general counseling, funeral planning and officiating, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer, and other pastoral needs as they arise.
- Support and promote the mission, constitution and bylaws of Christ Community
- Hold true to the theology and beliefs outlined in the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Participate in staff prayer and planning meetings
- Be accountable in the use of time and diligent in carrying out established administrative processes
- Be accountable to the financial parameters established in the annual budget process
- Seek, over time, licensing (credentialing) with the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Successfully complete the adult formation training program of the church (Church for Monday)
- Be actively involved in a community group for the purpose of personal spiritual growth and accountability
- Undergraduate degree preferred (education or ministry related degree)
- Children’s ministries or child development experience (five years preferred)
- Possess and model integrity of heart and skillful hands
- Embrace Christ Community’s doctrine, mission, and philosophy
- Highly relational personality in both one-on-one and larger group contexts
- Able to lead individuals, paid and volunteer teams, and communicate effectively
- Experience in multiplying the work of the ministry in and through an adult volunteer team
- Theological depth that can be translated to the wide variety of Children’s Ministries audiences
- Able to teach the Bible with clarity, creativity, and conviction to children of all ages
- Able to explain the theological rationale for Children’s Ministries programs, curriculum, and values to parents and other adults within the church
- Desire to minister to the whole church and the whole family, not just the children
- Well-rounded personal skill set which values not only the programmatic elements of Children’s Ministries, but also the administrative and organizational components of a successful ministry team
- Flexibility and enthusiasm needed to be a part of a developing multi-site and intergenerational church context
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together