The Pastor of Student Ministries works with a team of part-time paid and volunteer leaders to give overall direction for the entire student ministry (6th-12th grades), working with the family team specifically as well as the full campus staff to further the overall mission of Christ Community with an emphasis on doing so in and through students and their families.
REPORTS TO: Pastor of Family Ministries
- Provide oversight and leadership to all aspects of the campus student ministries (HS/MS/Combined)
- Teach the Bible with clarity, creativity, and conviction in both large and small group contexts
- Shepherd students to actively engage in their faith journey
- Create, develop and implement programs, events, and opportunities for students that are age appropriate, and, in some cases, offer intergenerational opportunities
- Create an atmosphere and ethos for the ministry that is contagious, infectious, and leads to opportunities for both discipleship and spiritual formation
- Cultivate a heart of service (inside and outside of the church) in students and families
- Lead and develop part-time paid student ministry staff as well as key volunteer leaders who are giving leadership and oversight to various parts of the ministry
- Recruit, lead, train, and develop a volunteer staff for relational youth ministry Communicate and maintain healthy connections with students, parents, and volunteers
- Encourage and equip parents as the primary resource for students
AS A MEMBER OF THE PASTORAL TEAM AT CHRIST COMMUNITY
- Provide pastoral duties as needed. This includes, but is not limited to pre-marriage counseling, officiating weddings, general counseling, funeral planning and officiating hospital visitation, baptism, prayer, and other pastoral needs as they arise.
- Support and promote the mission, constitution and bylaws of Christ Community
- Hold true to the theology and beliefs outlined in the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Participate in staff prayer and planning meetings
- Be accountable in the use of time and diligent in carrying out established administrative processes
- Be accountable to the financial parameters established in the annual budget process
- Seek, over time, licensing (credentialing) with the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Successfully complete the adult formation training program of the church (Church for Monday)
- Be actively involved in a community group for the purpose of personal spiritual growth and accountability
- Possess and model integrity of heart and skillful hands
- Embrace Christ Community’s doctrine, mission, and philosophy
- Minimum of a four-year degree (youth ministry related degree preferred)
- Student ministry experience (five years preferred)
- Highly relational personality in both one-on-one and large group contexts
- Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry in and through an adult volunteer team
- Theological depth that can be translated to age-appropriate audiences
- Desire to minister to the whole church and the whole family, not just students
- Desire to help church leadership bring the congregation together intergenerationally as appropriate
- Well-rounded personal skill set which includes also the administrative and organizational components of a successful ministry team
- Flexibility and enthusiasm needed to be a part of a developing multi-site and intergenerational church context
Embrace a commitment to Christ Community, including doctrine and philosophy, and promote the mission of Christ Community Church.
Embrace Christ Community staff’s cultural habits:
- We expect God.
- We stay yoked.
- We take the mission seriously, not ourselves.
- We remember names.
- We are better together